You love soccer. You live, breathe, and eat the game. You also happen to be looking for a fitness tracker to help you train and improve your performance on the playing field. But with so many options on the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are the 7 best fitness trackers for soccer players on the market today, based on features, price, and reviews.
- Fitbit Charge 4
- Fitbit Versa 2
- Garmin vivosmart 4
- Fitbit Inspire 2
- CATAPULT ONE
- Amazfit Band 5
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
Why Do Soccer Players Need The Right Fitness Tracker?
As a soccer player, you need to be in top physical shape. This means having the endurance to run up and down the field for 90 minutes, as well as the strength and power to make explosive movements.
To do this, you need to train regularly and monitor your progress by keeping an eye on your heart rate, the number of steps taken, and the calories burned. This information can help players assess their level of fitness and progression over time.
There are a lot of different fitness trackers on the market, but not all of them are well-suited for soccer players due to the inability to record key metrics such as running. Some fitness trackers lack features essential for soccer, while others may be too expensive. We’re thrilled to uncover the best fitness trackers for soccer players, based on features, price, and reviews.
1. Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness and Activity Tracker with Built-in GPS
The Fitbit Charge 4 is one of the best fitness trackers for soccer players. It’s packed with features like built-in GPS, heart rate tracking, sleep tracking, and more. Plus, it’s affordable and comes in two sizes to fit most people.
Also, the 3 color options suit the aesthetic needs of most soccer players.
Why We Love It:
- The Built-in GPS lets you track your runs, walks, and sprints on the field without carrying your phone.
- Heart rate tracking enables players to see how hard they’re working out during training and games while monitoring their recovery.
- Sleep tracking provides insights into the player’s sleep quality and patterns.
- Active Zone Minutes allow players to feel a buzz when they reach their target heart rates during training and games.
- The durable and waterproof design is perfect for players that train and play in the rain.
- Some people find the band uncomfortable to wear.
- Battery life isn’t as good as some rival fitness trackers when the GPS is turned on.
2. Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch
The Fitbit Versa 2 is another great fitness tracker for soccer players. It has the same features as the Charge 4, plus some extras like music storage and control, Alexa built-in Assistant, and more. It’s also available in two sizes and six colors.
Why We Love It:
- Integrated music storage and control allow you to leave your phone at home when you train or play.
- Alexa built-in assistant provides hands-free access to all of her features and skills.
- Sleep Score lets users understand their sleep quality and other personal insights each night.
- Faster clock response and improved user interface.
- AMOLED display makes the menus and other functions clearer.
- App fails to log walks properly when GPS is turned on.
- The charging adapter can be quite inconvenient.
3. Garmin vivosmart 4 Activity and Fitness Tracker
The Garmin vivosmart 4 is another great fitness tracker for soccer players. It has similar fitness tracking features as the Charge 3 and the Versa 2, but it also offers a few additional attributes, such as stress tracking and heart rate variability tracking. It’s a bit more expensive than the Charge 3 and the Versa 2, but it’s still a great option for soccer players who want a bit more from their fitness tracker.
Why We Love It:
- Includes advanced sleep monitoring with REM sleep and detects blood oxygen saturation levels.
- Stress tracking lets players know when they need to take a break.
- Heart rate variability tracking is helpful for monitoring recovery.
- Dedicated activity timers for walks, runs, twists, and turns on the field
- Vibration alert for all notifications such as calls, texts, and more.
- Physical activities like walks and runs may not be logged properly
- The Fitbit app fails to notify users when the battery is low and requires charging
4. Fitbit Inspire 2 Health & Fitness Tracker with a Free 1-Year Fitbit Premium Trial
The Fitbit Inspire 2 is another fitness tracker making waves among soccer players. It offers all the fitness tracking needed during games and then some. The 24/7 heart rate tracking and the free 1-year Fitbit Premium trial, in particular, are popular with athletes.
Despite the innovative features on offer which meets the needs of soccer players who want a bit more from their fitness tracker, the Inspire 2 is available at an amazing price.
Why We Love It:
- Continuous heart rate tracking lets you see how your training and games are affecting your heart health.
- The free 1-year Fitbit Premium trial provides access to exclusive content and personal coaching.
- More than 20 goal-based exercise modes to choose from.
- Water resistant up to 50 meters.
- Battery life of up to 10 days.
- No built-in GPS.
- No Alexa or Google Assistant unlike rival fitness trackers.
5. CATAPULT ONE – Track, Analyze, and Improve Your Soccer Performance
The CATAPULT ONE is a FIFA-approved fitness tracker for elite soccer players and amateurs. It monitors all the sudden twists and turns players engage in on the field, in addition to performance analysis and training programs.
It’s a bit more expensive than the majority of fitness trackers reviewed but it’s still a great option for soccer players who want a bit more from their fitness tracker.
Why We Love It:
- Comfortable and durable vest material.
- Captures more data than the premium fitness trackers.
- The most complete soccer fitness tracker on the market today.
- Built-in heat maps enable coaches to track player positioning.
- Custom training tips for better performance and recovery.
- The device is a bit more expensive.
- Some players resist wearing the vest regardless of how comfortable it may be.
6. Amazfit Band 5 Activity Fitness Tracker with Alexa Built-in
The Amazfit Band 5 is a budget-friendly fitness tracker for soccer players. Standout features such as SpO2 monitoring and Alexa built-in assistant are behind the increasing popularity among athletes and the general population who want to take their fitness to the next level.
It is easy to set up and use, offering a wealth of training modes totaling 11 to measure the key metrics on the field and other physical activities.
Why We Love It:
- Blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitoring is great for detecting early signs of illness.
- Alexa built-in lets you access information hands-free.
- 11 training modes to choose from.
- Swimproof design means it can be worn in the pool or in the shower
- Impressive 5-day battery life
- The built-in sleep-tracking functionality is not the most reliable
- The odd strap design makes the band difficult to wear
7. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 is a solid option for soccer players because it has all the features and tracking ability athletes need to improve their game.
Why We Love It:
- Built-in GPS enables pace, distance, and location tracking.
- Low profile watch suitable for working out or even sleeping.
- 5ATM + MIL-STD-810G means it can withstand the elements.
- Compatible with Android and iOS smartphones.
- Runs on Samsung’s Tizen operating system.
- Battery life is not great.
- Comes with a silicone band instead of leather
There are a lot of great fitness trackers on the market for soccer players, but the ones we’ve mentioned above are some of the best. Always consider your needs and budget when choosing a tracker, and make sure to read reviews before making your final decision. Fitness trackers can help you train smarter and improve your game, so they’re definitely worth the investment.
Do I need a fitness tracker to play soccer?
No, you don’t need a fitness tracker to play soccer. However, fitness trackers can help you train smarter and improve your game. If you’re serious about taking your soccer performance to the next level, then we recommend investing in a good quality tracker.
How do fitness trackers help soccer players?
Fitness trackers help soccer players to track their fitness levels and progress. This data can be used to improve training programs and performance. Fitness trackers can also provide motivation to keep pushing yourself to reach your goals.
What are some of the other benefits of fitness trackers?
In addition to helping you train smarter and improve your game, fitness trackers have a host of other benefits. They can help you monitor your heart rate, sleep, and steps. They can also motivate you to stay active and reach your fitness goals. Additionally, fitness trackers can be used to monitor your progress and see how you’re doing over time.
Are there any disadvantages to using a fitness tracker?
There are a few disadvantages to using a fitness tracker. First, they can be expensive and if you lose your tracker, you’ll lose all of your data. Also, many folks find them annoying to wear, and finally, fitness trackers require regular charging, so you’ll need to make sure you have a charger with you at all times.